Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Measuring ahead

At my OB appointment last week, I found out that I am measuring 6 weeks ahead for where I am in pregnancy. It's no wonder I am getting strange looks and comments from strangers.

First, people have started to talk to my belly. Half the time I want to wave and inform them that there is a head attached to it.

Then there are the comments. I went to on a couple of errands the other day, and had the following conversation with a cashier:
Cashier: When are you due?
Me: June
Cashier: (with a look of horror on her face as she stares at my belly) Oh.
Me: It's twins
Cashier: Ooooooh (relief washes over her face).

I can see what they are thinking:
Cashier: Oh my goodness, stand back, that woman's water is going to break any second...
Me: June
Cashier: Dang, she has really let herself go. She looks awful.
Me: It's twins
Cashier: I guess she looks OK then.

10 weeks and counting...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?